Enjoy the colors and scents of a pristine wilderness. Listen to the quiet, and discover the breathtaking beauty oft his Alpine paradise! It doesn't matter from which direction you hike: You will find more than you expect!
Or just stay up here and relax...
... and enjoy constantly new adventures, spectacular sunrises, unforgettable evenings in the hut, and countless incomparable hiking trails. It's the ideal „base camp" for multi-day tours between the „Rose Garden", the Schlern/Sciliar, and the Langkofel/Sassolungo!
- Warm-up hikes: Tierser Alpl, Mahlknecht Hut, Goldknopf, and back again via the „Walrus Tusk Gap" (4 hours)
- Prehistoric Sites: Tierser Alpl, „Walrus Tusk Gap", Saltner Hut, Schlern House, Monte Pez, and back again via the „High Trail" (6 hours)
- Untamed Alpine wilderness: Tierser Alpl, Grasleiten Hut, and back again through the „Bear's Hollow" (4 hours)
- Blossoming Alpine meadows: Tierser Alpl, Seiser Alm House, Zailinger, Plattkofel Hut (if desired: the Plattkofel/Sassopiatto), and back again via the „Cut" (5 hours)
- Legends and Sagas: Tierser Alpl, Molignon Pass, Grasleiten Hut (if desired: the Kesselkogel/Catinaccio d'Antermoia), Lake Antermoja, and back again through the Duron Valley (7 hours)
TIPP: From Seis to Tiers and back to Seis
From Seis to the Seiser Alm / Compatsch by funicular. Follow path nr. 2 towards Panorama, then cross the magnificent alpine pastures to get to the foot of the Rosszahnscharte. A small, winding path leads in ca. 2,5 hours up to the refuge Tierser Alpl.
From there, the shortest way leads in ca. 2,5 hours via the Bärenloch and Tschamin Valley to Tiers / Weisslahnbad. Those who like to walk a little longer can take the path via the Molignonpass / Grasleitenhütte and the Tschamin Valley (3.5 hours) or the path via the Schlerrnhaus and Bärenfalle (4 hours) to Tiers/Weißlahnbad.
From there take the hikers’ bus back to the starting point, the base station of the funicular Seis – Seiser Alm. The tour can, of course, be started from anywhere in the Schlern region or from Tiers. However, it is slightly more exhausting to do the tour the other way round, starting with the climb from Tiers to the Tierser Alpl.
Information on the timetable of the hikers’ bus can be found on www.silbernagl.it
With the Mountain Bike
Of course, bike are optional...
... but if you have even only a little „biker-blood" in your veins, you won't be able to resist the opportunity to bike the Tierser Alpl Alpine Refuge on the „Stahlross". The well-prepared forest trails from the Seiser Alm (Compatsch) / Alpe di Siusi (Kompatsch) via the Mahlknecht Hut or from Campitello in the Fassa Valley through the Duron Valley are especially well-suited for doing this.